Tuesday, January 15, 2013

CAULIFLOWER CURRY IN KASHMIRI STYLE


       CAULIFLOWER CURRY IN KASHMIRI STYLE

There was a time when everybody at my place requested me to prepare the cauliflower curry.I used to prepare it in various ways.Following were the varieties known to me-
a) South Indian way for preparing cauliflower curry with coconut
b) South Indian method to prepare cauliflower with potatoes
c) Boiled cauliflower curry
d) Blanched cauliflower curry
e) Marwari style of cauliflower curry
f) Cauliflower curry with mustard paste
g) Cauliflower curry in gravy
h) Deep fried cauliflower curry
i) Stuffed Cauliflower Curry
j) Cauliflower with peas

One fine day Rajoun asked me to help him in preparing the cauliflower curry in his kitchen.I agreed instantly and joined him in the kitchen.I learnt his style of preparing the dish and would be sharing the recipe in my next blog.This was an entirely different way of preparing the dish.It was very yummy and I called it CAULIFLOWER CURRY IN TOMATO SAUCE.I started making this again and again till date.However,I am not so successful in getting the same taste.

Mummyji visited my place after her Haj trip.I was away to the office.The moment I returned back,I observed her making preparations for CAULIFLOWER CURRY IN KASHMIRI STYLE.I jumped in and joined her in the kitchen.First of all,let me give the ingredients for the recipe.

INGREDIENTS REQUIRED

  • Cauliflower-1 kg
  • Onions-3
  • Tomatoes-8 to 10
  • Garlic Ginger paste-1 tablespoon
  • Black cardamom-1
  • Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder-3 tablespoons
  • Turmeric Powder-1 1/2 tablespoon
  • Coriander Leaves-2 to 3 sprigs
  • Oil- 3 tablespoons
  • Salt-1 and 1/2 tablespoon
STEPS FOR PREPARATION
Cauliflower Curry
  • Separate the florets of the cauliflower.
  • Wash them thoroughly under the running water.
  • Slice the onions in a very fine manner.
  • Chop the tomatoes in big pieces.
  • Chop the coriander leaves and place them in a plate.
  • Crush the black cardamom.
  • Take the wok.
  • Add oil into it and heat it.
  • Add crushed black cardamom.
  • After few seconds, add onion slices.
  • Mix them well.
  • Stir the onions till they are translucent and pink in color.
  • Add tomatoes and mix them well.
  • Add salt.
  • One would observe the water separated from the mixture.
  • Keep stirring the tomatoes and onions mixture till oil separates from them.
  • Add turmeric powder.
  • Add Kashmiri red chilli powder and mix well.
  • Take another wok now.
  • Add sufficient oil into it.
  • Deep fry the cauliflower florets till they get the rich red color.
  • Place the fried florets on a tissue paper.
  • After sometime, add the cauliflower florets into the tomato mixture.
  • Mix them well.
  • Take the precaution as not to break the florets.
  • Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves.
  • Serve with rice or rotis.
I would like to thank Muskaan Shah for introducing me to the Kashmiri kitchen and cuisine.I would thank whole heartedly Mummyji for guiding and grooming me to prepare the Kashmiri dishes. I learnt from her the secrets of Kashmiri Cooking.I would dedicate KOSHUR KHYAEN to Muskaan Shah, Papaji and Mummyji.It was Muskaan who requested me to help her mother in the kitchen.I picked up the cooking style from Mummyji.I received the blessings from Papaji to be in their kitchen just as his daughters.I can never ever forget their contribution towards my cooking styles.Thanks to all three of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment