Tuesday, January 15, 2013

DHOODHI THOOL-A KASHMIRI CURRY


                   DHOODHI THOOL-OMELETTES IN MILK-KASHMIRI CUISINE


Being a South Indian, I always observed my mother giving me a glass of milk- with a pinch of turmeric added to it. This was a ritual for me whenever I suffered from cold. However, I saw a dish prepared from Milk and other spices. It was a new dish for me. The story is a very different one.

This was the time when Muskaan Shah was pregnant. She was hungry and wanted to eat to something  for her lunch. Her mother, Mummyji was present at her place from Srinagar. I observed her bringing a plate full of rice and a bowl of curry. I could recognize omelettes present in the white  gravy. Mummyji said,"This is DHOODHI THOOL. We prepare this with milk and omelettes. Why   don't you eat rice with it? Let me get a plate for you". I grabbed the opportunity to taste it.


I really liked curry and wanted to learn and know its recipe. It was very easy and simple one.


Ingredients Required
  1. Milk-1 liter
  2. Eggs-3
  3. Turmeric Powder-1 tablespoon
  4. Green Chillies-4
  5. Coriander leaves-4 sprigs
  6. Salt-1 tablespoon
  7. Oil-4 tablespoons
  8. Onions-2 and medium sized
Steps For Preparation
  1. Prepare omelettes from eggs and place them in a plate.
  2. Boil the milk in a utensil.
  3. Take a wok.
  4. Add oil into it.
  5. Cut onions into small pieces after washing them properly under running water.
  6. Add onions to oilFry them till they are translucent and pink in color.
  7. Add boiled milk to it.
  8. Keep stirring them together on a low flame.
  9. Add turmeric powder.
  10. Add salt.
  11. Cut the green chilies into lengthwise and add them to the curry.
  12. Cut the coriander sprigs into small size.
  13. Add coriander leaves to the curry.
  14. Finally add the omelettes into the milk.
  15. Cook rice.
  16. Serve the curry with rice in a plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment