Wednesday, January 16, 2013

KASHMIRI GARLICS



     
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN KASHMIRI GARLIC AND OTHER GARLIC VARIETIES


The cloves of the kashmiri garlic are thick in size unlike the other varieties.When we are peeling the dried upper layer,we get the typical strong pungent smell of garlic.It is very distinct one.I have observed folks using it either as a full clove in the curries or a paste is formed and sold in the markets throughout the year.I like to use the full and whole clove more than the paste.

Removal of the dried upper layers is not very cumbersome one.The garlic cloves available in New Delhi need to be soaked in the water for some time so that the dried layers comes out easily.This is not the case in the kashmiri garlic cloves. One more thing each clove gives rise to saplings even in the kitchen bags without the presence of soil,water or the sunlight.I have seen folks adding these fresh saplings into the curries or the salads.They are not thrown away into the thrash bin.I did plant them in my garden also.I would surely post the photographs once they are grown to some height.

This page is dedicated to Mummyji.Thanks Mummyji for the wonderful knowledge given to me about the kashmiri garlics.




No comments:

Post a Comment